A comprehensive overview of everything you need to know as a new international student - on Wednesday 29 January 2020 there will be an Orientation Day (including lunch)!
Coming to study in a new country can be challenging and we want to help you settle in and start enjoying your time at BU as quickly as possible. Every January we run workshops, lectures and seminars to provide additional support for our international students when they arrive:
• Talbot Campus Tour
• Overview of BU support services and facilities (your chance to ask questions and find out about the wide range of support available to you)
• Police, British Law and your personal safety: an introduction to aspects of British law which may affect your daily life in the UK, as well as some important tips to make sure you stay safe whilst you are living here
• Essential Immigration for non-EEA students with a Tier 4 student visa
• Workshops on Cultural Transition and British Culture
• Question and Answer session with current international students
• A SUBU International Students Fair (meet your Students’ Union)
• Free UNIBUS travel for Lansdowne-based postgraduate students (collect at enrolment or from your programme support team office in EB401, Executive Business Centre, Lansdowne Campus).
Meet in Poole House Reception at 09:15 to begin the day with a campus tour.