About this Event
(NB: Reslife events are only available for residents of BU managed halls of residence)
Join us for a unique bike ride with the Laserlight Beryl Bikes, designed to make urban cycling safer and more enjoyable. This will be a lead ride to one of our favourite destinations, Hengistbury Head.
On this ride you will cycle from your hall, along Bournemouth’s beautiful coastline to Hengistbury Head – a scenic and historic headland. The seaside route will take approximately 30 minutes each way, including some time to chill out and enjoy the beautiful surroundings in-between. We will provide you with a code prior to the event included in the cost, to unlock your bike, which will get you the duration of the trip and hopefully some bonus points that you can use afterwards!
- Please arrive promptly to your Beryl drop off point at 3pm to set up your bikes - exact location and route will be provided on WhatsApp group.
- We will be leaving at 3:15pm
What to bring?
- Your own phone with the Beryl bike app installed
- A helmet
- Wear suitable footwear (trainers) and activewear clothing
- Wear bright clothing (to be visible to vehicles).
A Few Tips?
Check out and install the Beryl app before the ride to familiarise yourself with how it works for ease on the day!
Take a look at the route to see what you will come across on your way.
Ensure you are a confident rider!