What is the Sustainability Challenge?
Do you have a fantastic sustainable idea that could be incorporated into every day life on campus? Then this is for you!
The Sustainability Challenge is:
• A chance to inspire and help Bournemouth University become more environmentally sustainable by creating an idea as an individual or as part of a team and presenting your idea to a panel of judges
• A chance to work across disciplines with students from other faculties or departments, and create an interdisciplinary and innovative idea
• An opportunity to win £100 from our challenge Sponsor 'Gaia Card' to help kickstart your idea
• An experience that will give you new skills, new contacts and impress future employers
You will need to research your idea and show how it could be incorporated into Bournemouth University life. Think outside the box! It can be based on anything to do with Bournemouth University life from food to travel, to acoomodation, retail outlets and more!
The challenge will be sponsored this year by 'Gaia Card'- a local sustainable business that was founded by a previous BU graduate!
Gaia is helping our communities, businesses and consumers be more sustainable. We are calling for…consumers and businesses alike to choose positively impactful products, to use them wisely and to engage with brands and the issues they care about. We are making sustainable and healthy living more affordable and accessible to the masses. We make consumerism go hand-in-hand with climate activism, allowing you to do your part whilst still living a busy modern life. Whilst giving back to regeneration projects around the world.
- The winner/ winning team of the Sustainability challenge will receive £100 from Gaia card to be invested into kickstarting their idea!
- Gaia card will be plating 500 trees in aid of the winners of the challenge!
- Runners up will also receive a free Gaia Card to gain discounts at local sustainable business!
Registration opens on 1st September 2021 and closes on 3rd November. Click HERE to fill in your application.
The Final will take place with our panel of judges on 3rd December where you and your team will present your idea.
Join our Facebook Page HERE for regular updates.