Cycling Club - Alps Trip 2019
Cycling Club - Alps Trip 2019
Fri 26 Jul 2019 - Mon 05 Aug 2019
Join 40 of your felling mountain and road bikers for an unforgettable week in the mountains!
This is a fantastic opportunity to experience some of the best road cycling and mountain biking that Europe has to offer. Morzine is a beautiful town in the French mountains and provides great accessibility to the Alps through amazing chair lift and road networks. Join us for an amazing week rammed full of riding, chilling, beer and crashing!
Make sure to watch our edits from the last 3 years!
BUCC Alps 2018
BUCC Alps 2017
BUCC Alps 2016
Dates and Timings
- Leaving morning of Friday July 26th 2019
- Sleeping 8 nights and spending 9 full days in Morzine
- Arriving back evening of Monday August 5th 2019
These tickets are subsidised by SUBU and BUCC to make it as affordable as possible for everyone.
|Alps 2019 Tiers
||£200 (Feb 2019)
||£200 (May 2019)
|MTB (Self Travel)
||£150 (Feb 2019)
||£150 (May 2019)
||£140 (Feb 2019)
||£140 (May 2019)
|Road (Self Travel)
||£90 (Feb 2019)
||£90 (May 2019)
||£225 (Feb 2019)
||£225 (May 2019)
- 9 full days in Morzine
- Accomodation for 8 nights
- Continental breakfast
- Evening meals for 7 nights (2 BBQ, 2 Basic, 3 Premium)
- Minibus transport for your body (Excluding self travel tier)
- Van transport for your bike (Excluding self travel tier)
- Road or MTB specific medical insurance (With £100 excess)
- Bike insurance up to £1k included (£2k and £3k add-ons available)
- MTB Ports Du Soleil lift passes for 7 days (MTB tier only)
- Free ticket to our annual legendary BUCC themed Morzine big night of alcohol and Cafe Chode/Le Opera
What’s Not Included
- Beer (Very cheap pints on tap from the Chalet)
- Extra activities (eg: White water rafting, tobogganing…)
- Lunches (€5 packed lunch available from Chalet on request)
- 1 evening meal in town
- Restaurant for our final supper
We have exclusive use of Drift Ridings Morzine Hostel, The Nantague.
- Secure indoor bike storage
- Private bar with cheap drinks
- Garden with flood lit pump track, BMX and sound system
- Pool table and dart board
- Wi-Fi and TV
- Bike stand, pressure washer
- Basic tools and pump
Ports Du Soleil is an enormous area with way more riding than you can do in 8 days so we’ll have to make the most out of it.
- Morzine (Pleney)
- Les Gets + Jump Park
- Super Morzine (Avoriaz)
- Champery (Switzerland)
There is no better place to base ourselves than Morzine for a week of riding in the Alps. The most notable climbs in the region include the Col de Joux Plane, Col de la Columbiere, Col de Joux Verte, Col de la Ramaz etc etc, all of which have featured in the Tour de France.
The idea is to have 2 groups dependant on ability. Separate to this document will be a document containing detailed ride routes, mountain elevation charts, pit-stops/cafes etc if you would like to use them. Nick has compiled these currently using experience of the area. Routes can vary between anything from 30km to 230km. It entirely up to you, but come prepaid.
One important aspect is that you will require to bring some spare brake pads (at least 2 pairs) as you will certainly get through these after a few days of descending mountains in excess of 15km in length. Likewise, you shall see wet weather kit in the recommended section - the weather conditions can change significantly in the mountains and you should be prepared for this, again the wind chill factor in descending also comes into affect.