The Big Give is SUBU's biggest sustainability campaign.

What is The Big Give? 

The Big Give is where students in halls of residence and private rented accommodation have a big end of year clear out, and donate all of their unwanted stuff to charity, rather then letting it go to landfill.

Will it be running in 2020? 

Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic we will be postponing The Big Give until Government restrictions are lifted. Please keep an eye on this page and our social media to find out more details as we get them. 

I am moving out of my student accomodation now, can you help? 

Speak to your accomodation manager. Some halls of residence have contacts at local homeless charities and also food banks. Any unopened non perishable food can hopefully be donated this way. Please be mindful of what you will be throwing away in the bin. This will go to landfill and take years to decompose. If you can take this back to your home with you, please do. If not speak to your accommodation manager and they may be able to help you out. Speak to friends and family (within social distancing rules) and see if they would want any items that you no longer require. 

How do I find out more?

If you have any questions about The Big Give, please email us: subusustainability@bournemouth.ac.uk.