This opportunity is ongoing, with no end date.
New Year's Resolution to get fit but can't deal with the gym? If you want to get a free workout whilst saving lives and the planet, volunteering in one of our Bournemouth Furniture warehouses could be the answer!
We always need helpful people in our Furniture & Electrical stores to keep donated furniture moving from our vans to our warehouse, onto the sales floor, and then back to the vans for delivery when it sells! This role is physical and you will need to be able to lift light furniture items - but let us know if you can only do light duties; it all helps.
Aside from moving furniture around, we need help building flat-packed new furniture, and booking each donated item on to our electrical stock file, so if you're handy with a toolkit and like to be organised, there are plenty of ways to help the shop raise money that funds life-saving research!
What we can offer:
• We can pay reasonable travel expenses as agreed with the Manager
• We offer on-going support, a full induction and training opportunities
• Flexible hours available - 4 hours a week that suits you is a huge help!
• Take the chance to do a free NVQ in warehousing in store - gain a qualification with us
• No experience needed - just a willingness to pitch in and work safely
*Please note we are unable to accept volunteers aged under 16 and we cannot accept volunteers with unspent criminal convictions or who are subject to criminal registers/orders*
Apply now and join our friendly teams in either the Winton or Poole shops - we get the work done and have a laugh whilst we do it!
Save the planet by helping us keep recycled furniture moving and selling, save lives by helping us keep the shop operating and the funds go towards research into heart disease, and keep fit yourself - what more do you need?!
Benefits to self
- Get fit - you'll have guns of Naverrone in no time, and we give you free tea biscuits and coffee - who needs the gym?!
- Meet new people, gain confidence and experience a work place
Benefits to others
- Help us keep stuff out of landfill - our shops keep thousands of tonnes of furniture out of landfill each year. As the UK's biggest charity retailer we are on a green mission, and you can help
- Save lives - by helping you will be funding life saving research and cardio care to people who need
- Gain free NVQs with us in store if you are over 19. You can volunteer and gain a qualification in Retail, Customer Service, Team Leading, Warehousing
Find your nearest shop with BHF shop finder here: https://www.bhf.org.uk/search/location-search
We can cover your travel in if you are working for more than 2-3 hours and the expense is reasonable as agreed with the Manager
- Areas of InterestBusiness and Leadership, Elderly Care, Health and Social Care, People
- Activities I Like To DoBuilding and Construction, Business, General Help, Retail and Charity Shops