· Candidates should be fully transparent, accessible and accountable to their electorate.
· Candidates must treat other candidates, students, staff and members of the public with respect.
· Candidates must not undermine the fair and democratic running of elections.
· Candidates must not do anything to gain an unfair advantage.
· Candidates must respect the campus environment and the community and not act in such a way as to bring the elections process, the Union or the University into disrepute
Throughout the duration of the elections period, all candidates must be given an equal opportunity in all aspects of the election. No one shall knowingly cheat, lie, defame other candidates or act dishonestly in any way. Offensive or inappropriate behaviour or language towards other candidates, students or members of staff will not be tolerated in any shape or form. Any action not in accordance with the law, the SUBU Constitution or that clearly deviates from University values e.g. use of offensive or discriminatory language will automatically lead to a breach of the elections rules. Candidates may also be deemed responsible, within reason, for any actions of their campaign supporters.
Full rules will be provided to candidates meeting the nominations threshold after February 28th. Any questions please email email@example.com