Why Join Us?
Our members say:
“It’s just such a relaxed atmosphere with fun people which makes it the perfect place to learn how to dance.”
“Classes are awesome as one get to learn something new and takes you out of your other things in life and socials are fabulous to meet and mingle and make friends ♥?“
“Ballroom is great because you get to go rock climbing” (about our Society Swap with the BU Climbing Club)
“A welcoming environment to shake that booty!”
What do we do?
Ballroom and Latin Dance Society is an inviting and fun society, where many students can try something new or continue with their passion!
We welcome new beginners as well as students who have danced for years, with lessons for all abilities and amazing weekly socials there is something for everyone!
The membership fee (£35 per semester/£70 for the whole year) pays for classes and hall hire, your kit and 1 competition, may you decide to go, the travel costs and other bits and pieces the society needs like some socials, society swaps, leaflets etc.
You can choose to pay for the whole year or per semester, whatever's more convenient for you!
The classes are student run and then we have some additional Master Classes with professionals who are guests of the society. THESE CLASSES ARE COMPLETLY WORTH IT !!
You cannot get better teaching for that price anywhere else!! Join our society and be a part of something special!!
- Freshers Fair 25th September 2021!
- Weekly classes - All abilities welcome!
- Weekly socials
- Bristol Competition (around March)
- Other competitions throughout the year if you are in a more competitive mood! (Optional) - (Manchester 5th December, Birmingham on 29th January and more)
- Activities Awards,
- Our Own awards night (April)
- Some fun charity fundraisers! - We already did a Food Bank Friday this year and collected food for those in need!
- Society Swap - we do something another society normally does and they dance a bit with us! - We did some with Climbing and Longboard so far this year
***Classes will be back after the Easter Break!***
We encourage everyone to do rapid COVID tests before coming to the session and to just be mindful of others. :)
Proud to be a 5 star society!
Meet the Committee
President: Patrycja Poczkai
Secretary & Social Sec: Alex Homewood
Treasurer & Fundraiser: Renee Gomez Morille
Equipment & Comp Sec: Christina Linton
Coaches: Eleanor Collins, Christina Linton, Patrycja Poczkai