Do you hate working indoors, and would love a job where you are out and about in the neighbourhood, and don’t mind being in all weathers come rain or shine?
This could be just the job for you.
We are looking for a team of 10 Community Wardens to help student and non-student residents live cohesively in the community. .
You will need to be a current Bournemouth University student, with at least one year’s experience of living in Bournemouth, (or if you have already had previous experience in a similar role) with a passion for improving community relations, excellent inter-personal skills, and would consider yourself to be self-motivated with the ability to use your own initiative, and happy to chat with people in the local community from all walks of life.
The Community Warden role is based mainly off campus patrolling the streets around Winton, Charminster, Wallisdown, Slades Farm and Talbot Village; working pro-actively towards making the local community a safer, cleaner and ‘greener’ place for all residents, and foster good relations between the student and non-student residents. You will be working with a team of up to 10 Community Wardens from SUBU, and you will be expected to patrol designated streets, calling at houses, speaking to all student and non-student residents, and handing out information leaflets. You will also attend regular meetings, with the Students Union, Bournemouth University, BCP Council and the Campus Police relevant to the post. You will take an active interest in student and non-student residents within your area, and encourage a culture of community. You will also be required to help with Community and Sustainability events and campaigns, such as litter picks and recycling roadshows.
• Minimum 7 hours up to 10 flexible hours per week, during term time and a maximum of 28 hours per month, working around your other commitments.
• Competitive rate of pay (£9.18p per hour from 01/04/2022) (£9.50p per hour over age 23), maximum of 28 hours per month on average during term time.
• Gain knowledge and valuable community relations skills
• A positive addition to your CV
• Working with support from SUBU, BU, BCP Council and BU Campus Police
• Application deadline: Sunday 18th September 2022- midnight
• Interviews will be held between Monday 19th September and Thursday 22nd September 2022
• Duties will commence: Monday 4th October 2022 once training is completed, including mandatory personal safety training.
• Full uniform provided including T-shirt, hoody, waterproof fleece-lined rain mac, and umbrella.
How to apply: If you are interested in this role please download the Job Description, complete both the Application and Equality Monitoring forms, and forward to:
CV’s and Covering Letters are not required.
If you have any questions about the role, feel free to email email@example.com
Equality and Diversity
SUBU is committed to becoming a more inclusive and diverse organisation to better represent the student communities that we serve. This commitment to inclusivity is one of our organisational values. Being a diverse organisation includes ensuring that people from marginalised communities are involved with the decision making processes at all levels within SUBU. This is why we encourage applicants from the following communities to apply: People of Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds, People with Disabilities, People of marginalised genders, LGBTQIA+ All submitted applications are redacted as part of our application process and appointments are based on skills and competencies.