The club welcomes new and experienced climbers. Whether you’re looking for new challenges or want to give this amazing sport a go, our Climbing Club provides many opportunities for you to reach your potential and see what you are capable of :)
Perks Of Joining:
- Being apart of our awesome, inclusive and supportive community!
- Access to cheap club trips to many locations around the UK, as well as our annual abroad trip!
- All gear is provided and free to borrow!
- British Mountaineering Council Insurance
- Free advice and encouragement from experienced members of the club.
- The opportunity to join our team where you will receive weekly training and have the option to travel to competitions with us.
- Weekly social events including pub crawls, movie nights, clubbing, and more!
- Make friendships for life.
- Push yourself to new heights!
Who Are We:
We are a 5-Star Bournemouth Unversity Club
We welcome students and staff from BU and AUB.
We have won several awards over the years at the SUBU Activities Awards such as: 'Most Improved Club', 'Club with the Best Ideas’ and 'Club of the Year'.
We organise and run climbing trips all year round to popular indoor climbing centres around the country. We also lead outdoor excursions, such as outdoor climbing days, hikes and more!
Indoor Membership: £50 for the year
Outdoor Membership: £20 for the year
(Outdoor membership can only be purchased alongside an Indoor membership)
For people wanting to join after first term, we have a member’s indoor fee of £35 for new joiners after January. This ensures all people feel welcome and have the same access to all the clubs’ perks, and don’t miss out!
What Do The Memberships Provide You With?
Purchasing a membership to our society gives you a BMC student membership of an affiliated BMC club and gives you insurance to climb with us (Outdoor Membership). It also contributes to the clubs gear fund, giving you access to all our club kit, including harnesses, ropes and quickdraws. The memberships also allow you to join us at our weekly sessions at The Project at a reduced entry rate of £6.50 on our session times (below), allow you to join us on club trips, and of course give you access to all the amazing socials we have lined up for the year ahead.
Wednesday - 14:00-16:00 - Bouldering - The Project Climbing Centre, Poole
Thursday - 11:00-12:00 - Strength & Conditioning - SportsBU, Talbot Campus
Sunday- 17:45 - 19:45 - Bouldering - The Project Climbing Centre, Poole
Meet Your Committee
President: Oliver King
Communication & Events: Tobias Fudge
Treasurer: Mia Carley
Team Captain & Equipment: Joel Dutton
Health & Safety: Jordan King
President: Lizzy Mcalister
Communication & Events: Karolina Bawol
Treasurer: Emily Rudd
Go to AUB and want to climb? Join the AUB Climbing Club here!