Why Join Us?
1) Best place to meet and make friends with other animation students whilst having fun
2) Organised events aimed at fostering peer to peer learning and cooperation
3) Great variety of planned socials to enjoy as well as optional extra activities throughout the year
What Do We Do?
The Animation Society is getting some new life in it this coming year and will be focusing on building a social community for students studying animation and enthusiasts of the discipline at BU and AUB.
Our society will host social events, like barbecues, game nights, stress-buster events and other seasonally themed events, throughout the year and a big event at the end of the year.
We will also run working meet-ups which are aimed at getting students to help each other improve their work and network.
Life drawing sessions have been asked for and, attendance allowing, we will be doing our best to allow members access to extra sessions with professional or volunteer models.
We will also, circumstances allowing, try to organise an optional trip for members to go on at some point during the year.
So if you love animation and don't want to miss out on all the opportunities coming up sign up.
How to Join Us?
We offer two options to join our society:
- a £3 membership fee (regular membership)
- a £31 membership fee = £1 is for the classic membership + £30 for the Alist card (which allows you to have super discounts for the main Animation events, including great offers in restaurants, shops and clubs in Bournemouth)
- Freshers Fair (September 28th 2019),
- Life drawing (every two weeks depending on numbers),
- Drop in networking and assistance sessions (monthly),
- Movie screenings and Game nights (monthly),
- Dylan's NCCA drinks (monthly),
- Christmas Dinner (December 1st 2019),
- Refreshers Fair (February 4th 2020),
- Animators Barbecue (Spring 2020),
- Activities Awards (April 2020),
- NCCA Sunset Ball (June 2020).
When and Where?
Every two weeks, Talbot Campus*
*if you wanna talk with one of the Committee Members, you can find us in W324 (Talbot Campus)
Meet the Committee
President: Diana Pelino
Vice-President: Jeffrey Collie
Communications: Charlotte Scott
Treasurer: Rosie Bowers
Health & Safety: Hannah Wahlers
Equipment & Social Events: Brenda Ximena Roldan Romero