Why Join Us?
1) We bring the best out of each other!
2) 'Once in a lifetime' experiences
3) You'll get the chance to serve your community
What do we do?
The BU Dance Society (BUDS) practice in six styles of dance: Ballet, Contemporary, Commercial Modern, Jazz, Street, and Tap.
Our weekly classes are taught by current students in preparation for national inter-university competitions throughout the year, and our end of year showcase.
During the academic year 2017-2018 we came home with five trophies from Sussex Jam competition, including 1st place with our Jazz group!
BUDS were the host of a new inter-society fundraising event 'BU Come Dancing', a dance competition between the societies and sports teams at Bournemouth University. It was a great success and raised £400 to donate to Space Youth Project, our core charity of the year. We were awarded the '5 Star Society' award won 'Most Improved Society' at the annual BU Activity Awards where we also had the opportunity to perform!
The society is a great place to practice your dancing to a competitive level, and to make great friends within the team. This year we hope to continue our success with fresh new faces! We look forward to seeing you at auditions.
Want to know other reasons to join?
- We bring the best out of each other! - BUDS has a great team spirit both on and off the stage. We motivate each other to continuously improve, so when competition time comes, we can all be our very best.
- 'Once in a lifetime' experiences - Your university experience is more than just a degree! Joining a team like BUDS is a pathway to many opportunities from performing on large stages, to having the opportunity to choreograph and manage your own dance routines for the rest of the society to learn. You'll gain confidence, friendships, and sweaty leotards!
- You'll get the chance to serve your community - Each year BUDS are dedicating more time to reaching out to our community; supporting local charities and performing at local campaign events. BUDS take pride in giving back to the community and reaching outside the walls of Bournemouth University.
Check-out our Facebook for more information.
March 2019 - Sussex Jam Dance Competition; May 2019 - BUDS Showcase; TBC - BUDS Charity Event of the Year
When and Where?
Bournemouth University (Sport BU) Studios
Meet the Committee
President: Jennifer Richardson-Jack
Communications: Carrigan Davis
Treasurer: Rebecca Fowell
Equipment & Events: Eleanor Collins
Health & Safety: Laura Stanley