Why Join Us?
1) Once in a lifetime trips
2) Friendly inclusive atmosphere
3) Great deals for bike parks and strength and conditioning
What do we do?
Welcome to Bournemouth University Cycling Club.
Dorset is one of the most beautiful areas of the country for cycling. This club offers a variety of rides including social rides, velodrome sessions, club rides, mountain biking and competitive races. It is a great way to meet people and explore your local area.
As long as you are a student at BU or AUB, have an interest in cycling and have access to a bike then this is the club for you.
Our Membership - £35 Road, £45 MTB
- Unlimited access and discounted race entry to Tidworth, Windhill and Rogate mountain bike parks. (Usually £10/day, MTB membership only!)
- Coached weekly 1 hour cycling specific strength and conditioning session at SportBU. (Road membership owners get priority)
- Subsidised overnight trips and a discount to our epic end of year Alps trip!
- Subsidised BUCS races and other race events throughout the year.
- Access to our private members Facebook group where regular rides and events are organized.
- Access to our branded SportsBU mountain bike and BUCC road club kit.
- All members are covered by our SUBU insurance at our events.
Compete for BUCC
Ou teams competed at BUCS road and downhill races in the past which were amazing and we shall be stepping it up this year in the hope for some good results. Please contact us if you are interested in joining us for any BUCS or local cycling competitions.
If you are new to racing please don't hesistate to talk to us about this as most of these events have all ranges of abilities.
BUCS Downhill Mountain Biking
BUCS Road Race
BUCS Time Trial
After the success of the mountain bike weekends we did last year we shall be continuing to run them to a larger variety of places. Below are links to what we have planned for you!
Road bikers are also very welcome on these trips but please contact us first as these routes can be demanding and require good level of fitness.
South Wales Weekend (XC, DH)
Snowdonia Weekend (Road, XC, DH)
Morzine, Alps 2020
This is a fantastic opportunity to experience some of the best road cycling and mountain biking that Europe has to offer. Morzine is a beautiful town in the French mountains and provides great accessibility to the Alps through amazing chair lift and road networks. Join us for an amazing week rammed full of riding, chilling, beer and crashing!
More information coming soon!