Why Join Us?
1) Great Career & Academic Opportunities.
2) Amazing Socials & Unique Networking Events.
3) Participate in Fundraising for Local and National Charities.
What do we do?
The Bournemouth University Law Society is here to provide a variety of events throughout the year for our members to help you make the most of your experience at BU.
We run the Law Ball as well as networking events to encourage and practice valuable skills needed for legal careers and ask questions to professionals already working in the legal sector.
The mooting program that we have developed means all of our members can get involved in mooting, practising public speaking, research and presentation skills, all necessary for a legal career.
We aim to allow our members to develop whilst at BU as well as encourage the blending of year groups.
Due to the current pandemic, we will be running both virtual and physical events;
- BIUCAC Commercial Awareness Competition
- Law Ball
- Lincoln's Inn & Inner Temple Dinners
- Guest Speakers
- Charity fundraising
- Other socials such as; nights out, day trips, pub quizzes and many more.
- Internal Competition includes moots and show trials.
- National Mooting Competitions
- National Negotiations Competitions
You can always contact us through our email account or facebook & Instagram. All of our details are listed above so if you have any queries, don't hesitate to get in touch.
Meet the Committee
President: Mia King
Vice-President: Ella Tinkler
Secretary & Communications Officer: Maddy Geary
Treasurer: Katrina Randall
Health & Safety Officer: Jessica Bennett
Mooting Manager: Harry Locatelli
Mooting Officers: Roxie Boydon & Chai Radic
Events Manager: Madelyn Wellstead
Events Officers: Izzy Bryan & Lucy Barr
Careers Officer: Teodora Nizirova
First Year Rep: