If you have been assaulted, or know someone who has, then you can contact one of these services below. If you would like advice with regards to your personal safety you can call the police by dialling 101. In an emergency you should always call 999.


BU has a Counselling Service and staff in Chaplaincy are also qualified to provide students with emotional support. You can also access support via your Faculty Student Engagement and Support Coordinator. Don’t forget, you can also speak to your GP, friends, family and the Samaritans.


Specialist Sources of Support

Dorset Rape Crisis Support Centre is a voluntary organisation run for men, women, young people over 16 who have been raped or sexually abused.


The dedicated Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) for Dorset, providing a comprehensive service to men, women and children who have been raped or sexually assaulted.


Victim Support have some really useful information on their website and you can also contact them for support.


Not sure who to contact? There is no right or wrong organisation to get in touch with. Check the opening times for each and what they can they offer to you, e.g. 24 hours support, face-to-face support, male/female workers etc.... Chose the one which you feel can best meets your needs.