BU Spring Recruitment Fair
Wed 27 March 2019 11:00-15:00
Student Centre, Talbot Campus
This is your opportunity to network and meet with more than 30 employers!
You can find out more about their companies and what jobs they're recruiting for (Graduate level or Placements). Don't forget, they come on to campus to meet a range of students (walks of life, courses, experience, year groups).
Local organisations attending include: Dorset Creative, Gilmond, Glanvilles LLP, and Ringwood School Teaching Alliance.
Some internationally famous names: Airbus, Marriott Hotels, Ministry of Defence (with 4 graduate schemes = hundreds of jobs), RNLI, and Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust.
& more: With a 'Jobs at BU' area and an employability 'Advice Zone' the Fair is also suitable for 1st years to pop along to.
Jobs include: (NB: employers want to meet students from “a range of courses”)
- Business, Finance, Commercial Analysts and HR
- Design (Digital Creative, 3D, Animation, Multimedia, Editors)
- Engineering (including 40 graduate Jobs for a Ministry of Defence scheme)
- Event Management
- Fundraising & Sales
- Healthcare (Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy)
- IT (Computer Science, Technical Support, Software Engineers)
- Law (Paralegal and Trainee Solicitor contracts)
- Management / Management Trainees
- Marketing, Advertising & Digital Media
- Teaching (UK and China)
- Tourism & Hospitality
- + Hays, Graduate.Jobs and Gradsouthwest are attending with a huge range of roles on offer.
- + BU based roles being promoted on the day: PAL Leaders, AskBU Advisers, BU IT staff, SUBU Community Wardens, Library staff.
A full list of employers and the roles on offer can be viewed from MyCareerHub - Events.
Ground Floor ‘Advice Zone’ for all students - Careers Service, ALS, Alumni Service ,Work & Study Abroad opportunities, BU Postgraduate Studies, National Student Survey (NSS) Stand, Free Student Membership to the IoD, TalentWorks Advertising Industry Mentoring, and The Business Society.
Interview practice - There is also an informal Speed Interview session from 2pm to 3pm, where you have 5 minutes to chat to one of the employers from the earlier Fair, or a member of staff from CareersBU. One or two interview questions to answer, with feedback and tips given. Practice more than once to hone your skills.
Workshops supporting the event can be booked on to via MyCareerHub:
Winning CVs and Applications
Finding and Funding Work Overseas
VIEW THE EVENT WEBPAGE HERE