RESULTS campaigners are part of a national, and international, network of advocates who are passionate about ending global poverty. You can join the RESULTS Poole campaign group and take monthly actions on international development issues, specifically global health and education. They regularly join our national conference calls, learning more about international development and sharing their successes from around the UK. As a RESULTS campaigner you have access to training, support and expertise in your advocacy journey.
RESULTS grassroots campaigners take action locally to fight global poverty – using their voices to change the world. They receive training and support to become skilled advocates, from influencing MPs to policy makers, and engaging others within their community.
RESULTS campaigners in the Poole and Bournemouth area meet as a group on the first Tuesday of each month to plan and take campaign actions and organise events. They regularly join our national conference calls, learning more about international development and sharing their successes from around the UK. Our campaign group in Poole is made up of a group of very active and dedicated advocates and now that all volunteering is online, they are expanding their recruitment and welcoming new volunteers to get involved and meet with them (virtually!).
RESULTS campaigners have the opportunity to:
• Join the RESULTS Poole action group and meet likeminded individuals campaigning to bring an end to poverty.
• Support our campaigns on global health, education and economic opportunities.
• Take action with us, from publishing articles in the media to meeting with your constituency MP.
• Hear from experts on international development each month on our RESULTS conference calls.
• Put your points directly to influential decision-makers at RESULTS Advocacy Days.
• Organise events within the local community, be an ambassador for RESULTS in your area and help us to grow our network.
• Develop your campaigning and advocacy skills at conferences and training sessions.
We're been adapting to doing more campaigning online given the risks around COVID-19 and social distancing guidelines.
About RESULTS UK
RESULTS is a movement of passionate, committed, everyday people. Together they use their voices to influence political decisions that will bring an end to poverty. Our campaigners learn to effectively advise policy makers, guiding them towards decisions that improve access to education, health, and economic opportunities in the poorest communities.To find out more about campaigning with RESULTS UK, visit www.results.org.uk, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office on 020 7793 3970. We’d love to hear from you!
What are they looking for?
RESULTS grassroots campaigners are people from all walks of life who want to make a difference. Campaigning with RESULTS plays to your strengths, whether you are interested in helping out at events or you’re a social media whizz, there are lots of different ways to get involved and build your skills.
All backgrounds and levels of campaigns experience are welcome. We embrace all skill-sets, knowledge-levels and availability.