As a students’ union we are directed by you, our members. Participating in the Student Members meeting is one of the ways that you can get involved. All students are welcome to attend and participate in voting if they are Union members. The Student Members meeting is a large forum where all students are invited to debate and determine the direction of SUBU.
The Student Members' Meeting was held on Tuesday May 24th at 6pm. Thank you to everyone who attended and voted via proxy!
Here are the results of the ideas that were discussed at the meeting:
1. BU should allow students to retake Semester 1 exams during Spring Break - PASSED
2. Meat Free Catering at BU - DID NOT PASS
3. The University and Union should stop banking/associating with Barclays - PASSED
4. The Allyship Policy - PASSED
Here is the breakdown of the votes:
||1. Spring break resits
||2. Meat Free Catering
||4. Allyship policy
In addition to the new ideas, students also voted to approve the minutes of the previous meeting and SUBU's affiliations.
The minutes will be available here soon.
1. Ratify the minutes of the previous meeting Click Here
2. Trustee Board report on the Union's activities since the previous annual SMM Report 1 Report 2
3. Presenting the accounts of the Union Report 1 Report 2
4. Approving the list of affiliations Click here
5. Open Questions to Trustees
6. Motions (Student Ideas) Click Here
*Please note: Attached are the final draft accounts for the accounting year 2020/21:
1. The Students' Union at Bournemouth University
2. The Students' Union at BU Limited
There are two sets of accounts that make up the accounting year due to the incorporation of the Union in August 2020. Note these are draft accounts and are subject to review and sign off by the SUBU Trustee Board on the 20th May. If there are any substantive changes made to the accounts at the 20th May, Members will be updated at the Students Members Meeting on the 24th May
Deadline for submitting ideas via the 'Your Idea' Platform
2nd May, 12pm (midday)
Draft Agenda Published- Trustee Board Report, including Annual Accounts and Student Ideas published
9th May, 12pm (midday)
9th May, 12pm - 12th May, 12pm
Final Agenda Published
16th May, 10am
Proxy Voting Open
16th May, 10am - 19th May, 4pm
Throughout the year any student can submit their idea to make SUBU the best that it can be via the 'Your Ideas' platform here. Students can vote and comment on ideas. The Chair then decides which ideas should be taken forward and debated at the Student Members' meeting.
If you want to make any changes to the ideas once they are published you must do this prior to the deadline. These will then either be accepted by the person who put forward the idea or taken forward to the meeting to be debated.
If you want to make your voice heard but are unable to make the meeting you can vote via proxy! This means that you'll submit your votes online prior to the meeting.
Typically the Chair will act as your proxy, however you can elect another student who is in attendance to act as your proxy. You must provide their details to do this.